These training modules are relevant to anyone who uses animals in science. They are intended as a resource for:
- institutions and animal care committees, to help them ensure that those using animals in their laboratories meet the theoretical training requirements of their institutional animal personnel training program
- teachers, who may use them to introduce the topic of ethical animal care and use in their courses
The core stream includes modules on the following topics:
- Ethics in Animal Experimentation
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Three Rs of Humane Animal Experimentation
The training requirements and the competencies of those using animals in science are to be determined by institutional animal care committees, together with those responsible for training and with the institution's senior administrator.