Animals Housed in Vivaria Stream
The training modules in this stream are relevant to anyone who uses captive animals.
Based on CCAC general guidelines, these modules are intended as a resource for:
- institutions and animal care committees, to help them ensure that those using animals in their laboratories meet the theoretical training requirements of their institutional animal personnel training program
- teachers, who may use them to introduce the topic of ethical care and use of animals housed in vivaria in their courses
The animals housed in vivaria stream includes modules on the following topics:
- Environmental Enrichment
- Euthanasia of Experimental Animals
- Infectious Diseases
- Laboratory Animals Used in Biomedical Research
- Pain, Distress, and Endpoints
The training requirements and the competencies of those using animals in science are to be determined by institutional animal care committees, together with those responsible for training and with the institution's senior administrator.